Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Qr Codes In Your Classroom

I have talked a little bit about how I am using QR codes for math. I started here because it was the first subject I thought could make tutorials that worked. Most people learn a math concept from seeing it demonstrated. My students are taking their chapter test tomorrow on the concepts they learned using the QR codes. I am interested to see if their scores were higher then other math tests. Since it seemed to work so well, I started brainstorming on how I could use this in other subjects.

Reading- what if I made a few videos that modeled good reading strategies. I think this could be useful at a independent reading center during guided reading. If I want them to practice marking words they don't know, or predicting what might happen later in the text. I also think a few tutorials could be good on how to read nonfiction v. fiction.

Language Arts- Mini-grammar lessons

Science- short videos of microscope pictures could be very helpful during a lab. Also a tutorial of frog dissection might help them know what they are looking at while dissecting the frog.

I would love to hear any other ideas out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment